Real Moxie

Woebegone troglodyte hermitage.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Within my own reality

I just talked to a women who said, "I am conservative within my own reality".

I was asking her out on a date. She wanted to tell me how liberal she is, and how she tolerates homosexuals, dope-smokers, interracial dating, etc, but she didn't want to imply that she does any of those things herself.

I've heard of people who call themselves bisexual just to show how liberal and broadminded they are. They would never have a homosexual relationship, but they don't want to be accused of being homophobic either.

A new study claims that there is no such thing as bisexuality.
"To claim on the basis of this study that there's no such thing as male bisexuality is overstepping, it seems to me," said Dr. Gilbert Herdt, director of the National Sexuality Resource Center in San Francisco. "It may be that there is a lot less true male bisexuality than we think, but if that's true then why in the world are there so many movies, novels and TV shows that have this as a theme - is it collective fantasy, merely a projection? I don't think so."
Whatever sexual orientation means, don't believe that movie characters are representative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home