Real Moxie

Woebegone troglodyte hermitage.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Disabled parking

I have a broken leg, and I have to get around on crutches. I got a temporary disable person parking placard from the California DMV so I can park in blue spaces.

I didn't realize what a privilege the placard is. Not only do I get to park in blue (handicapped) spaces, I can park indefinitely in the 20-minute green spaces and I don't have to put money in a parking meter! Furthermore, at gasoline stations that have full-service and self-service pumps, I am entitled to full-service gasoline at the self-service rates.

I realize that I am a lot more disabled than most of the people use these placards, but I still feel a little guilty taking advantage of the rules. (Some people really need the blue spaces, but they are a small minority of the placard users.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home